Largo - removal of rear light cluster

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
Snooqua
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: Custom Layout
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: Highway Star
Mods: Tinted windows

Largo - removal of rear light cluster

Post by Snooqua »

Hello Largo Forum I've recently become an owner of a fine Largo which, though perfect in so many ways, needs refinement ie. 1. A ROOFRACK & 2. A TOW HITCH. This latter is proving a nightmare in trying to remove the rear bumper!!! Seems the rear lights need removal before I can access more securing screws. Is this so???? & if so HOW DOES ONE FREE THE LIGHTS??? Have undone the 2 screws visible but a 3rd is showing its point inside a panel...but how does one access its head????? Possibly by removing the lens??? How is this done without destroying the whole fixture?? Can anyone throw a light on this problem. Should I be surprised that no Nissan dealer has a clue? Help!!!!!
Snooqua
mrfish85
Global Moderator
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Trim: highway star

Re: Largo - removal of rear light cluster

Post by mrfish85 »

You have to remove the rear side panels by removing the little plastic clip near the floor, unbolt the seat belt anchor, remove the boot rubber and then pull the panel off being careful not to brake the plastic clips and there's two 10mm bolts/screws in there. You remove the rear lights by removing the two screws by where the boot goes against them, then you have to pull the rear light off but it will take a little force. Also be careful of the wire. ( shouldn't have to remove the rear lights though but if you do since you got the inside panel off you may aswell unplug them first )
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

Forgot to mention there's also 1 nut and 1 bolt behind the panel holding the piece under the lights that is also fixed to the bumper (once both the nut and the bolt has been undone it should come off with the bumper
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
DJei
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel/VegOil
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Mods: [url=http://xn--80ac1abr.xn--p1ai/kartinki-krasivye-prikolnye-2]картинки красивые прикольные[/url]

Largo removal of rear light cluster

Post by DJei »

I just purchased a 1953 M38A1 and need to get a rear seat. I found the standard M38A1 seat on Ebay, but does anyone know if any other CJ seat would fit or if there is another compatible seat that would fit?
Thanks
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

DJei wrote:I just purchased a 1953 M38A1 and need to get a rear seat. I found the standard M38A1 seat on Ebay, but does anyone know if any other CJ seat would fit or if there is another compatible seat that would fit?
Thanks
Think you've come to the wrong place.
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!