Hello.....

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
NatashaHighwayStar
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway star
Mods: Tint windows

Hello.....

Post by NatashaHighwayStar »

Hi. I'm a newbie. I've a highway star 1995. Recently somebody broke into it and wrecked inside took hifi speakers sub tv screens Xbox etc etc.
I was so pissed off my sons were in tears. Anyhow. I need a new centre console. From over steering wheel to middle of fronts seats.
My big issue right now is I don't know how to change a bust brake light the one on the rear door (boot) the one that's central. I've popped off cover and plastic film but now I'm not sure where the bulb is....
Can someone kindly help me out here please ?
Many thanks. Tash x
mrfish85
Global Moderator
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: highway star

Re: Hello.....

Post by mrfish85 »

Welcome along. Sorry to hear you've been raided by some thieving scum. I've just stripped all my interior out including side panels and boot panel. I will look in the morning and let you know
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

They are on the edge of the boot behind the plastic. Red arrow is brake light bulb and white arrow is reversing light bulb. They just twist out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
BadCoq
LEXUS LIGHTS
LEXUS LIGHTS
Fuel: Petrol
Trim: SX-G

Post by BadCoq »

mrfish85 wrote:They are on the edge of the boot behind the plastic. Red arrow is brake light bulb and white arrow is reversing light bulb. They just twist out.
please excuse my ignorance but I'm a little confused by this picture. Is this connection inside the actual boot lid or of the rear lights in the right rear corner? I'm about to purchase a reversing camera kit and identifying the power (and earth) to the reversing lights is the only thing I'm uncertain about.
UKlongshoreman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust
Seats: 8 Seats
Trim: SERENA FX

Post by UKlongshoreman »

Wire up to a permenant live and have a camera on demand. I have done it. So i can see the pratts who enjoy tailing my bumper.
If you get a reversing camera you get the parking grid. Green, yellow and red.

When they get up your arse and into the yellow. Hit the kickdown and put some smoke in their air vents lol
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

BadCoq wrote:
mrfish85 wrote:They are on the edge of the boot behind the plastic. Red arrow is brake light bulb and white arrow is reversing light bulb. They just twist out.
please excuse my ignorance but I'm a little confused by this picture. Is this connection inside the actual boot lid or of the rear lights in the right rear corner? I'm about to purchase a reversing camera kit and identifying the power (and earth) to the reversing lights is the only thing I'm uncertain about.

This is in the boot lid. With boot up undo the strap/handle that you grab to close the boot then the cardboard cover pops off with a little help of a screwdriver
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

UKlongshoreman wrote:Wire up to a permenant live and have a camera on demand. I have done it. So i can see the pratts who enjoy tailing my bumper.

When they get up your arse and into the yellow. Hit the kickdown and put some smoke in their air vents lol
Doesn't your FARGO(fake largo) go fast enough to keep them off your bumper lol. They don't call them a largo go go go for nothing
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
UKlongshoreman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust
Seats: 8 Seats
Trim: SERENA FX

Post by UKlongshoreman »

mrfish85 wrote:
UKlongshoreman wrote:Wire up to a permenant live and have a camera on demand. I have done it. So i can see the pratts who enjoy tailing my bumper.

Doesn't your FARGO(fake largo) go fast enough to keep them off your bumper lol. They don't call them a largo go go go for nothing
I drive like an miserable old man...... what can i say?! lol
BadCoq
LEXUS LIGHTS
LEXUS LIGHTS
Fuel: Petrol
Trim: SX-G

Post by BadCoq »

mrfish85 wrote:
BadCoq wrote:

This is in the boot lid. With boot up undo the strap/handle that you grab to close the boot then the cardboard cover pops off with a little help of a screwdriver
I had a look today and discovered reversing lights were in boot itself so answer became obvious but thanks for your confirmation. I do like this idea of wiring it up to a permanent live though...
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

Its a good idea as when im fully loaded with the bikes I can't see out of rear window
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!