Just joined

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
RBvanman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: not a largo anymore
Mods: R33 skyline

Re: Just joined

Post by RBvanman »

Apart from the hicup the overheating, most definetly happy with the van even though it was only running for 7mths or so,Previous car was a skyline and I liked that big time but the van is even better ,that was before engine buggered,Van should be on the road by end of month... so looking forward to that especially with the skyline running gear in now..lol.
You can only please some of the people some of the time .....Sod that just please yourself.
theorangeone
Site Admin
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Trim: highway star
Mods: full body kit/face lift front fitted/20 inch rims/full spray job/lots of leds/stainless exsaust/double din head unite,2 x 5 inch screens and 1 x 19 inch screen/chrome wheel arches and window trim/30 mm spacers all round/largo seat covers/very rare rear clear indicaters/wood and leather stearing wheel/

Post by theorangeone »

and the best of it is,
you will know your way around the engin block,
long way from any of us up there tho,
you will have to try and get down to one of our meets,
as we do have a few a teay and getting better each year,
naxt closest to you will be in blackpool next year or japnorthwest in wigan in august,
wiil you have to uprate your brakes or anything else with the skyline block in it,
woody
RBvanman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust

Post by RBvanman »

Ive seen the van from a few different angles to say the least,also learned a lot,(many late nights trawling the net for any snippit of information that related to the van or skyline, joined a few forums to,) to do the conversion myself at weekends time allowing, taken just under a year.
Plan to get to a big jap meet this summer ,all going well with the van.Still got lots to do even when its on the road.
At the moment the brakes are v/good but looked at putting skyline front calipers on..still looking for a disc big enough that will fit ..will know over the next couple of weeks how they perform the task,also plan to source stiffer springs, and I have also put the skyline LSD diff in(almost a atraight swap, good mod possibly for any 2wd Largo).cheers Ian
You can only please some of the people some of the time .....Sod that just please yourself.
skeatesy
honorary member

Post by skeatesy »

nice looking van and it sounds awsome 8-)
honorary member
N.r.g
Site Admin
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Post by N.r.g »

Now that is very interesting 8-) well done :mrgreen:

You'll have to make a post all about it as its a very nice exchange. I'm currently trying to convince the wife about a turbo conversion for the ka24de engine i have in mine but need to address the suspension first ( back ends a bit soggy for my liking :roll: )
I for one would like to know about problems you came across/ what was easy etc.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice happie
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
RBvanman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust

Post by RBvanman »

Hi and cheers for the + comments,
I also looked at a full rebuild and turbo road, but a little voice kept telling me to stick the RB in it(that was my first thought the first time I seen it the day I bought it).
I have read what the KA was capable of turbo wise, but decide on the RB route due to, if it went belly up then I would be able to source a RB engine alot easier,also the RB puts out 250 standard compared to 140 ish on the KA.lol
Problem wise I have been very lucky ,getting the use of a well equiped garage through a top friend at weekends ,being able to do the fabrication ,learning electrics/techi.. sh#t late into the night/morning,
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/show ... p?t=122232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have a thread on here but plan to do one ,once its done.
SORRY link has been deleted cos Im trying to do a better one .
Last edited by RBvanman on 01 Jun 2010, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
largodaddy
Founder

Post by largodaddy »

very nice vanman alot of hard work there and looks and sounds nice to CC CC
N.r.g
Site Admin
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Post by N.r.g »

after reading that thread it looked alot of fun with not to many major problems.
250bhp in a largo hell yeah 8-)
bit of a squeeze though lol but you managed it with alot of determination and will power. Lucky you had an engine and somewhere to work :mrgreen:

what did you do suspension wise as the largo is soggy as hell on the rear? ive been looking for adjustable rear shocks amongst other things :roll: as my aim is for a bit more power myself in the future. but have a long list of todo's before :lol: you know how it is :)
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
RBvanman
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust

Post by RBvanman »

I agree about rear suspension,havent properly road tested yet (hopefully this weekend) but so far rear end squats down,and front end seams to go skyward,lol when I give it kick down.
Im also looking at alternatives to suspension once I have any solid findings I will post.Working on things Ive swapped etc.
If I didnt have the use of the garage it wouldnt have happened ..Managed to get wife to agree nowt gets done round the house till van is road legal and home ...Ive got a pile of sh#t to do.
Hopefully I will have some more info over weekend.
cheers Ian
Cueball
Site Admin
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star
Mods: Induction Kit
Double Din head unit with DVD and GPS
Head rest monitors

Post by Cueball »

Some nice work. Keep the pics and vids coming :)