new member overheating

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
c4ble
dipstick
dipstick

new member overheating

Post by c4ble »

hi all i just bought a largo hope ive not been stung
i noticed bubbling coming from the water tank
the temp gauge is up and down and the heaters inside wont go warm
wich is a bit crazy considering its overheating

i see the common fault on cracked head its got me worried
the bus only done 45k miles its a diesel immac condition so i pray it not major fault
the shiney one
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: highway star
Mods: 18in deep dish chrome alloys
black limo tints

Re: new member overheating

Post by the shiney one »

hi and welcome sorry to hear this try bleeding the system see if this works also check stat
south west admin

pasty king
N.r.g
Site Admin
Fuel: Petrol
Trim: highway star
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Post by N.r.g »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Could possibly be an air lock so a good system bleed might fix it.
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
c4ble
dipstick
dipstick

Post by c4ble »

thanks for the reply

im not the most mechanically minded person
where would i find the stat?

is there an online manual by any chance that i may download
is there an obvious bleading point

these largos are set out a bit different
gixxerboy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Diesel
Trim: sx-g
Mods: lowered,18"s fitted,under car led's,white to front blue to middle and red to rear.drop down 9"dvd,7"dvd in the front,blue led dash lights,led sidelights and relocated to the indicators.indicators relocated to behind the grill and a sports mesh grill fitted.

Post by gixxerboy »

olaz,the best way to bleed the system is to drain all the fluid out and flush.then next to the expantion tank you will see a black rubber cap with a jubile(how the hell do you spell it ???)take this off and leave the cap off for your expantion tank.cap on the rad and pour some water in the pipe next to the expantion tank.while your doing this run the engine(make sure there is some water in there first)and put both your heaters on full heat(turn temp up as far as it will go (32) and then keep your finger on the heat up button for a few seconds and you will see FH)carry on filling with water untill you see the bottom of the expantion tank has water.take her for a quick run and see what happens.i wouldn't use coolant just yet untill you see if it works,at least with just water if the head is gone you wont have wasted a tenner on coolant and if it works just drain the water and think of it as another flushj instead of time wasted
Cueball
Site Admin
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star
Mods: Induction Kit
Double Din head unit with DVD and GPS
Head rest monitors

Post by Cueball »

First welcome to the Forums

I wouldn't run your engine until the water is up to the header tank. I generally fill it to the top so that it is overflowing the tank and tube where the black rubber cover fits. Then run the engine. Keep topping up until there are no bubbles coming out and the level stays to the top.

Then replace the rubber cap. Give the engine some revs. This should clear all the air locks. It's how I've done mine many times. Never had airlock problems. Also like Gixxer said keep the rear and front heaters on FH. You can control the rear heaters from the front console by pressing RR.
skeatesy
honorary member

Post by skeatesy »

hi, welcome to the forum,sorry to hear about your trouble,hope you get it fixed soon
honorary member
gixxerboy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Trim: sx-g
Mods: lowered,18"s fitted,under car led's,white to front blue to middle and red to rear.drop down 9"dvd,7"dvd in the front,blue led dash lights,led sidelights and relocated to the indicators.indicators relocated to behind the grill and a sports mesh grill fitted.

Post by gixxerboy »

i ran mine so the water flows around the engine.aslong as there is half the water you need in there when you start the engine and keep pouring then you will be ok.its how i've done mine the last 3-4 times with out a problem.
bigpee
SUPER CAR
SUPER CAR
Drivetrain: 4WD

Post by bigpee »

Welcome to the club...

bigpee from St Helens