Nissan Largo 1996 2.4 highway star

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
Largomale79
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 4WD w/HICAS
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: Highway star
Mods: Tinted windows

Nissan Largo 1996 2.4 highway star

Post by Largomale79 »

Hi all

I've brought a nissan largo and the mot was due,

Put it though an.mot only gir the testing station too about it this was due to the state of the following

4x new ball joints

New suspension possible

Welding

This all about is not an issuse just trying too trace the correct parts etc

Can anybody help

Thanks
chris Z
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: highway star
Mods: some tinted windows, body kit ,spoiler.

Re: Nissan Largo 1996 2.4 highway star

Post by chris Z »

High I had suspension mentioned on my mot, I have a 96 3.2 petrol import. They said the shock absorbers on the front were 'soft'. I tried to get the parts but the only thing I could get were shock absorbers for a 2.2 diesel serena, but they also need new springs and then I found I would also need the top mounts as well. The top mounts were impossible to source, the only way was to have them fabricated as nissan no longer make or carry the part nore does and other supplier. In the end the MOT tester accepted that may be they were meant to be that way and did not mention it on subsequent tests. The ride is good and comfortable so who knows. But be careful before you buy any parts that you can get them all. For shock absorbers, springs and the wrong top mounts cost just over £300 , This said; with yours being a 2.5 the serena parts may be available but do measure everything first. Ball joist are available from any motor factors. Hope this helps Chris Z