Thermostat

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
nelly
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: highway star

Thermostat

Post by nelly »

Newbie here with newly acquired 97 petrol largo. Heater blowing cold air and van overheating. First thought is thermostat but damned if I can find the thing. Any help greatly appreciated.
bones100
dipstick
dipstick
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 8 Seats
Trim: highway
Mods: body kit

Re: Thermostat

Post by bones100 »

hi have you found the thermostat? I have just removed mine on the largo as I have a overheating problem let me know
larry
dipstick
dipstick
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: SX-G

Post by larry »

Thermostat is in usual place, front of engine. But very hard to get to in Largo. You have to crawl underneath, take fan off and above fan and to the left of water pump you will see a short rubber pipe attached to thermostat housing. Because rubber pipe is so short it is very hard to take off and bend out of the way. You can just remove 3 bolts and pull off housing then pull it off but is virtually impossible to do in reverse. There is a bolt you can undo to move piping system away, but to get to that you have to get to it from above which involves taking out drivers seat, central console, carpet and metal plate that is under drivers seat. I put in 'after market' thermostat, then Nissan thermostat and still overheats. In fact my expansion chamber keeps filling up then overflowing. Does anybody know why. I have replaced radiator cap that is on side of engine under drivers seat and no difference. I have done all bleeding procedures and it still does it.
scoobydo
NITROUS
NITROUS
Fuel: Diesel
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star

Post by scoobydo »

Suggest setting up a new thread in the help section
NatashaHighwayStar
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway star
Mods: Tint windows

Hi all. Brake light prob

Post by NatashaHighwayStar »

Hi. I'm a newbie. I've a highway star 1995. Recently somebody broke into it and wrecked inside took hifi speakers sub tv screens Xbox etc etc.
I was so pissed off my sons were in tears. Anyhow. I need a new centre console. From over steering wheel to middle of fronts seats.
My big issue right now is I don't know how to change a bust brake light the one on the rear door (boot) the one that's central. I've popped off cover and plastic film but now I'm not sure where the bulb is....
Can someone kindly help me out here please ?
Many thanks. Tash x