Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
BadCoq
LEXUS LIGHTS
LEXUS LIGHTS
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: SX-G

Post by BadCoq »

Hi peoples !!
I'm from New Zealand and have just purchased a 1997 SX-G mainly as a means to transport myself and all my belongings 1300 kms to a new home sometime in the next few months. I don't really have any grand plans for the van however I have discarded the rear seats and will build in a single bunk. I discovered this site while researching speaker sizes because my first requirement will be to get a decent audio set up happening. I settled on the Largo as my van of choice through searching the internet for reliability issues etc of various make/models. I was satisfied with what I read and the Largo was the most attractive styling of the vans I was reviewing. In the month that I've owned it I've already become attached to it's character and hope that with the aid of information and ideas from here I will have a long and rewarding relationship with my van. (It's been a long time since I owned anything with enough character to justify giving the car a name but I think this will earn itself one, once I can determine it's gender)
Hopefully this is an adequate intro xD
mrfish85
Global Moderator
Fuel: Diesel
Trim: highway star

Re: New Member

Post by mrfish85 »

Welcome along. Loads of knowledge on here. My moon bus is a she
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
BadCoq
LEXUS LIGHTS
LEXUS LIGHTS

Post by BadCoq »

thanks for the welcome. I was going to buy a Largo that had plates starting with BNE so I already had Benny in my mind for it's name but it was too far away for me to view and buy. the one I eventually bought has CTQ plates and I got no ideas for names from that, but compared to my E36 BMW the Largo feels very big and masculine so I'm thinking it's male but I'll wait to see how temperamental it is.
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

I cant help but look at the reflection as I drive by shops n think she's a beauty lol
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

My beauty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
BadCoq
LEXUS LIGHTS
LEXUS LIGHTS

Post by BadCoq »

Ultimately it was that nose styling that made me choose a Largo. It reminds me of the custom V8 van scene of the late 70's/80's.
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

They are over 20yr old but still look pretty modern. The japs were so far ahead of us and still are
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!