overheating problem

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
15bill86
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top

overheating problem

Post by 15bill86 »

Hi All, I am a new owner of a largo. Bought it 4 days ago and it seemed to be fine took it for a number of runs with no problems. Day before last the engine overheated, it was a burst in a, sealed, short length of hose attached to the small coolant bleed pipe to the right of the plastic filler/header tank. This was replaced and the coolant topped up. On the journey back (approximately 20 miles with no issues) after accelerating hard the engine overheated again. Once home I removed the header tank cap, then the radiator cap where there appeared a small air lock. This soon cleared and so I assumed that was the reason for the second overheating problem. Unfortunately today, after a drive of around 40 miles the engine again overheated after accerlerating hard. When I pulled over and checked under the hood, the header tank was boiling and the radiator fans were not working. It appears that this might be the issue. Can anyone give me some advice on the way to wire the fans directly to the ignition so that they are on all the time. I have read that this could solve the problem.
Subsoil
SUPER CAR
SUPER CAR
Fuel: Petrol/Gas
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: sx-g
Mods: Limo Tints, pas/drivers curtains, 6366sx Classic Alpine Door Speakers.

Re: overheating problem

Post by Subsoil »

Also check the relay /Fuse one for each.
What is Mind, NO Matter, What is Matter-- Never Mind!
chrislargo123
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Trim: highway star
Mods: Fat exhaust tinted windows as standard

Post by chrislargo123 »

Hi just seen your msg I've had all these faults a few months ago if you can change as many water pipes as poss because I ended up stripping down my largo every couple of days to replace a pipe every time I'd fix one another would go and you have to bleed it up right or it keeps over heating remove the bleed cap between the heater matrix pipes my bottom cab fan did not work so I disconnected it from under the centre console and put my own switch in to turn off and on
bones100
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Seats: 8 Seats
Trim: highway
Mods: body kit

Post by bones100 »

hi Chris I have the same problem now! I have been replacing pipes for the last week and I still have a problem with over heating can you post a photo of the bleed cap you are talking about please ! I know of the one on the engine and I keep bleeding that one to no avail ! thank you
mister chris
fat boy exhaust
fat boy exhaust
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: star touring
Mods: The project is underway!!!

Post by mister chris »

:doh: the dreaded largo overheating! been there too.
get a genuine nissan thermostat if the rad pipes are not heating up...... the blueprint ones are shite!
if the pipes are hard its usually an airlock.... bleeding is a life skill :D
coolant sensor can cause problems
also worth checking the bleed hole on the water pump is not leaking if all else fails.

its a common diagnosis of a head gasket gone.... from what ive read on here the petrols rarely go....so I'd get a second opinion.

its fair to say most mechanics and garages no naff all about largos... :shock: