Just bought a 98 Largo.

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
Nigel2sheds
dipstick
dipstick

Just bought a 98 Largo.

Post by Nigel2sheds »

Hello again, Nigel here.. well I bit the bullet and went and looked at a couple of Largo's today, at Goodmayes Motors , Thurrock, Essex.
Ended up putting down a deposit on a 98;R , white facelift. 2.4 petrol 60k, very nice clean condition inside and out, couldn't drive this actual one (boxed in upstairs at showroom ) , but there was another I test drove which drove lovely but had a few marks on the body.
They are putting a new CD'radio player in and giving it a polish.
Collecting it on Monday, hope I've done the right thing ? find out soon I guess ?
Been getting insurance quotes this evening online, £680 comp / £ 480 tpft, seems a bit steep ? me 52, Mrs 44, clean licence etc..
Bit confused about the passenger seats ? the salesman said they just slide forward and back and lay down, but looking at some others on here and ebay, their seats rotate ? anyone able to tell me what I've bought ? and do they come out completely ? How ?
Looking forward to collecting it on Monday and having a play ;-)
C'mon peeps help a newbee out ;-) cheers Nige.
the shiney one
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: highway star
Mods: 18in deep dish chrome alloys
black limo tints

Re: Just bought a 98 Largo.

Post by the shiney one »

probably cause you bout an 8 seater they slide 7 seater rotates hope this helps
south west admin

pasty king
N.r.g
Site Admin
Fuel: Petrol
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Post by N.r.g »

Test drive the actual one before you commit to anything. Make sure music is off and listen for any rattles or noises . Sounds like you have an 8 seater with sliding seats. As for insurance shop around m8. Oh and put ya foot to the floor on the test drive to be sure it can handle it with no issues ;)
Hope your happy with your purchase :)
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
tommy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Petrol/Gas
Seats: Custom Layout
Trim: mercedes
Mods: Largo lover!

Post by tommy »

Try phoneing for quotes as online for me took the mickey!!
Life is like a S**T sandwich the more bread you got the less S**T you gotta eat.
skeatesy
honorary member

Post by skeatesy »

hi, hope your happy with your purchase,yeh if middle seat just slides bach and forward ,its a eight seater
honorary member
goldie
oil filter
oil filter

Post by goldie »

hello there

if its a 7 seater middle bench goes back and forward and rotates..becomes side on seat and back seat might fold up (halves) into sides of van, hope ypou enjoy it!!
gixxerboy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Diesel
Trim: sx-g
Mods: lowered,18"s fitted,under car led's,white to front blue to middle and red to rear.drop down 9"dvd,7"dvd in the front,blue led dash lights,led sidelights and relocated to the indicators.indicators relocated to behind the grill and a sports mesh grill fitted.

Post by gixxerboy »

ok best thing to do when you get your bus is look under the middle seats.if there sat on a post then they rotate,if there just on runners then they wont rotate.when out on the test drive like has been said,floor it and make sure she pulls strong.break hard at some point with your hands off the wheel(not to far though)and make sure she breaks in a straight line.also make sure both heaters work as they should and also the air con is cold.
Nigel2sheds
dipstick
dipstick

Post by Nigel2sheds »

thanks for all the replies , OK ? so I have an 8 seat , that answers the slide /swivel question, I will test drive the car on Monday before paying for it, the dealer is changing the radio for a face of Pionier radio /cd player, and fitting a Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser, Got the insurance down to £415 tpft,with Adrian Flux, which is more acceptable (Still a lot for an old sod with a clean licence, but I only have 3 yrs N/c on car, full 7 yrs on bikes ).
Will let you all know what it's like when I get it ,... cant wait, :-) lol.
thanks again ...Nige
theorangeone
Site Admin
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Mods: full body kit/face lift front fitted/20 inch rims/full spray job/lots of leds/stainless exsaust/double din head unite,2 x 5 inch screens and 1 x 19 inch screen/chrome wheel arches and window trim/30 mm spacers all round/largo seat covers/very rare rear clear indicaters/wood and leather stearing wheel/

Post by theorangeone »

glad you got insurance sorted
know you will be able to drive around with the largo grin factor
woody
bizz02
dipstick
dipstick

Post by bizz02 »

Hi I'm new to the site, I just bought a 96 largo today after seeing one down at the coast and had to get one (had to sell the family car first) I'm 38 and had a quote from Tesco compare for £347.68 f/comp, give them a try they were cheaper than A/Flux.