Hi from Ubiquity

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
Ubiquity
dipstick
dipstick

Hi from Ubiquity

Post by Ubiquity »

Hi Everyone, I have a Nissan Largo for six months now and it's been giving me hell by over heating!
I change everything you could think of but still have the problem, can anyone please please help?
when a nissan largo engine is pressure rising what can I Do or What the mechanic can do to stop it?
N.r.g
Site Admin
Fuel: Petrol
Drivetrain: 2WD
Trim: highway star
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Re: Hi from Ubiquity

Post by N.r.g »

Hi and welcome to the forum happie
Hate to tell you this but i presume its a diesel and i also presume that the head is cracked :(
only way to tell is to strip the head off and have it pressure tested.
sorry m8
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
the shiney one
top forum poster
top forum poster
Mods: 18in deep dish chrome alloys
black limo tints

Post by the shiney one »

hi and welcome
south west admin

pasty king
gixxerboy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Fuel: Diesel
Trim: sx-g
Mods: lowered,18"s fitted,under car led's,white to front blue to middle and red to rear.drop down 9"dvd,7"dvd in the front,blue led dash lights,led sidelights and relocated to the indicators.indicators relocated to behind the grill and a sports mesh grill fitted.

Post by gixxerboy »

when you say every thing has been changed has the system been bleed properly when parts were changed.when you say over heating are you getting bubbling in the expantion tank,do your heaters work.before you start stripping heads of have a sniff test done.
N.r.g
Site Admin
Mods: private plate, lowered 35mm, custom bump stops, 20" rims, Full stainless exhaust with decat, 1000w rms ICE, ICELED underlighting kit with EXP kit and Scanner, red and green starburst laser, custom door illumination, custom illuminated insane grill badge, dual battery with split charger n more

Post by N.r.g »

Gix. A sniff test ain't gonna show a cracked head on a largo as they always go on the inlet side not the exhaust side. I'm yet to see a largo head go on the exhaust side so a sniffer test is not going to show anything. The best test is the one when they pump up the water system with pressurised air to 0.8 bar and see if there is any drop in pressure ;)
the INSANE one tis a Image thang
pommy
SUPER CAR
SUPER CAR

Post by pommy »

hi welcome to the club
THE GOLDEN TIGER
skeatesy
honorary member

Post by skeatesy »

hi, welcome to the club
honorary member
Cueball
Site Admin
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star
Mods: Induction Kit
Double Din head unit with DVD and GPS
Head rest monitors

Post by Cueball »

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Cueball from Pembrokeshire.
gixxerboy
top forum poster
top forum poster
Trim: sx-g
Mods: lowered,18"s fitted,under car led's,white to front blue to middle and red to rear.drop down 9"dvd,7"dvd in the front,blue led dash lights,led sidelights and relocated to the indicators.indicators relocated to behind the grill and a sports mesh grill fitted.

Post by gixxerboy »

i hate it when someone comes on and says there bus is over heating and because its a diesel every one assumes its the head.when you put coolant in the largo it needs to be done properly otherwise you get air locks which causes over heating.why carnt people say well have you tried this and that before there told the head is cracked.i used to have a bmw 525 and i had a over heating problem and took it to a garage and was told the head was cracked.because of that i sold it with a cracked head for less that it was worth to a lad i knew.i later found out it wasnt the head it just had an air lock.im not saying its not the head and iom not a largo guru but tales of doom and gloom dont help.if hes had loads changed like water pump,stat or pipes then it could easily be air trapped thats making it over heat.im not having a go at anyone but just think that there are things to be looked at before told the head is cracked because its a common fault.