New member joining, needing advice please.

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
tim_p
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: modded
Mods: Full body kit, blacked out all round, front splitter, 17x10 Alloys

New member joining, needing advice please.

Post by tim_p »

Hi all,

I have been a nissan largo owner for the best part of 5 months now with pretty much trouble free motoring, now it would appear that is all about to change.
I managed to change out all the drive belts to remedy an extreme noise from one of them at idle, it turned out to be in the end a missing bolt from the bottom bracket of the alternator and the position bracket that bolts to the engine casing was completely snapped in half. The belts semmed to be fine just a bit old so changed them anyway, what i need now is some advice on the changing of the alternator as in the middle of all this going on i have a constant battery light and nothing in the way of charge going to the battery via a multimeter, it appears to be hosting some kind of oil pump and i was wondering if it is at all possible to change out the alternator whilst leaving the oil pump connected as i really don`t want to remove it or cause any other undue issues if possible.

Any help or advice on this would be great as our local mechanic seems a bit shy of getting involved with this vehicle :shock:

Vehicle in question is 95 Largo 2.0 td 2wd
Cueball
Site Admin
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: Highway Star
Mods: Induction Kit
Double Din head unit with DVD and GPS
Head rest monitors

Re: New member joining, needing advice please.

Post by Cueball »

Hey. Welcome to the forum. The pump on the back is the vacuum pump.