Nissan Largo research

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
hermitsrest
dipstick
dipstick

Nissan Largo research

Post by hermitsrest »

Hi, I'm not yet a Largo owner, but a Nissan Largo is one of the vehicles I'm considering purchasing to turn into a camper. I'm also looking at other vehicles like the Mazda Bongo and Toyota Granvia, as well as a VW T25 - pros and cons for each. Potentially it will be my only vehicle, so it still needs to be able to cope with the weekly supermarket trips, school runs, Viking re-enactment weekends, and retain seating for 4 or 5 (minimum), etc., but be flexible enough as a vehicle for camping/touring. I really like the look of the Largo 2l diesel 4WD. This will be a long term purchase, so I'm quite willing to take my time choosing and researching.

Advice would be appreciated from any proud Largo owners about MPG. Is there a 2l petrol 4WD model as well? What's it like to insure? Has anyone installed a pop-up in one?

many thanks in advance
hermitsrest
cemmy074
full bodykit
full bodykit
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: sx-g limited
Mods: Not yet but i ll do something eyecatcher

Re: Nissan Largo research

Post by cemmy074 »

I was on same boat i was between largo/vito/traffic/bongo and transporter
In the end i bought largo i tested most and compare everything price problems service and asked few mechanic etc. Largo has 2.4 petrol 4wd or 2wd. 2.0 diesel 2 or 4wd. If u want good mpg best one is 2wd diesel model. Ok compare with bongo bongos are 2.5 diesel and most common problem head coz getting hot so easy and mpg is so bad i tested one who paid £5k car is so heavy and it takes ages to speed up largo is much nippy and easier drive than bongos. Never seen pop up roof on largo mostly moon roof. Largo has 7 and 8 seater but getc7 seater model coz u can turn middle sit and u can hold up back seet and ot ll turn big van. And vw expensive to buy and service. Toyota good but when the looking comes largo looks much better.and other thing when u compare all prices largo is half price than them and better mpg(but depends how u drive) insurance is depends where you live age ncd etc. But not expensive. I got multi car insurance and it cost me around £400 for largo but some ppl pay less than that. I hope it gives little idea.
Ps. U can drop largos seat and u can get double bed even u can use Passenger and driver seat as a single bed too.
Daviddrowl
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel/VegOil
Drivetrain: 4WD
Seats: 8 Seats
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: nissan go

Nissan Largo research

Post by Daviddrowl »

Thanks - would be interested in hearing if they do. Have seen a nice set of leather seats from a Largo/Vanette come up for sale
cemmy074
full bodykit
full bodykit
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: sx-g limited
Mods: Not yet but i ll do something eyecatcher

Re: Nissan Largo research

Post by cemmy074 »

Daviddrowl wrote:Thanks - would be interested in hearing if they do. Have seen a nice set of leather seats from a Largo/Vanette come up for sale
just be sure for right one coz 7 and 8 seaters fitment different .. or upgrade with seats cover i think it is better option and cheaper..