Alternator

Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
grumpy2
oil filter
oil filter
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: vannet

Alternator

Post by grumpy2 »

Hi my name is grumpy2 I have just got a nissan largo vannet automatic and the alternator and servo has died on me I have been trying to get the number of the alternator which starts with 231005a----can anyone help filling in the blanks.
many thanks
Grumpy 2
cemmy074
full bodykit
full bodykit
Trim: sx-g limited
Mods: Not yet but i ll do something eyecatcher

Re: Alternator

Post by cemmy074 »

grumpy2 wrote:Hi my name is grumpy2 I have just got a nissan largo vannet automatic and the alternator and servo has died on me I have been trying to get the number of the alternator which starts with 231005a----can anyone help filling in the blanks.
many thanks
Grumpy 2
Check jp parts u can get alternator part number from them but brand new was little expensive .. I sold 50 and i think it was bargain ..
mrfish85
Global Moderator
Trim: highway star

Post by mrfish85 »

Have you checked all the earth contacts inc the earth where alt bolts to engine also check for worn vacuum pipe going to the solenoid
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
Arf
JET ENGINE
JET ENGINE

Post by Arf »

mrfish85 wrote:Have you checked all the earth contacts inc the earth where alt bolts to engine also check for worn vacuum pipe going to the solenoid
Which solenoid do you mean?

I'm going to open my floor pan later today, alternator stopped working 350 miles from home over the weekend. Cable connections seem OK (buzzed it out with a multimeter) and belt is fine, so I assumed brushes are gone - but was looking for info and saw your post and wondered what this solenoid is you speak of.

Thanks