Say hello to the group here and let us know whereabouts you are.
PerkyLargo
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Diesel
Drivetrain: 2WD
Seats: 7 Seats
Roof: Glass Top
Trim: Highway Star

Post by PerkyLargo »

Hi all,
New member here, we picked up our 1996 Nissan Largo Highway Star yesterday. 110,000miles, white & silver. All origional. We're looking forward to getting plenty of use out of her this year :-)
We have some plans for her, any advice or tips would be gratefully welcomed.
The ideas are:
Nicer wheels
Remove 3rd row of seats, put some storage in for camping
2nd battery with split charger
Thanks, hope to see some of you on the road
Tristan
mrfish85
Global Moderator
Trim: highway star

Re: New member

Post by mrfish85 »

Hiya removing the rear two seat is a easy job. Put the seats down and there's two grey caps on the arch just pop them off and I think the bolts are 13mm. Job done.
Search the forum for aux battery mod another member (uklongshoreman) sorted a great mod that's alot cheaper and better than a leisure battery.
Cant remember the pcd for the wheels now as im half asleep but will sort that info for you in the morning.
Happy largoing from west wales
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
PerkyLargo
dipstick
dipstick

Post by PerkyLargo »

Thanks, I like how simple they are put together - makes a pleasing change from the wife's mini cooper s!!
I've already got the rear seats out, have removed the engine cover and checked everything over (very clean & tidy) and have ordered new sound insulation for the road noise :-) and a new stereo
The search function here is awesome, thanks for all the hints & tips all
See you all on the road - P975 PKE - hence PerKEy :-)
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

Fitting the new stereo is bit of a challenge as you have to remove the centre console and then the tricky bit of removing the trim around the dash. Its easy once you done it once or twice but if you need help just shout out.
Mine ends in FKE
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
Lani
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol
Mods: Set up as a camper van

Post by Lani »

Hi I have ust got myself a good tidy largo to set up as a camper and go traveling, It has the factory stereo and I need a little help getting the center console and dash out, the screws for the dash are easily found but can't make out how to pull the dash up, I don't want to break anything so am looking for any information. seems you know a bit can you please help?
mrfish85
Global Moderator

Post by mrfish85 »

Welcome along.
To remove the dash trim you need to remove the centre console by removing 2 screws in compartment, 2 screws in cup holder, slide cigarette lighter panel too the right and there's another 2 screws. Once them 6 screws have been removed put the bus into 1st gear and lift from the back. As you lift there is a light for the ashtray to unplug.
Onto the dash trim. Undo all the screws across the bottom and 2 screws up under by the clocks. The rest unclips but be careful not to snap the clips. Once unclipped unplug all the switches lower the steering wheel and it will come off by pulling from the top. It is a little tight. You could take the cover from around the back of the steering wheel to make it that little bit easier. Its held on by 4 screws. Once you done it once or twice you'll be able to do it in your sleep. Let us know how you het on.
Good luck
Life a BITCH!!!
Then you get a LARGO!!!
EthandyexFeew
dipstick
dipstick
Fuel: Petrol/Gas
Drivetrain: 4WD w/HICAS
Seats: Custom Layout
Roof: Tin Top
Trim: nissan go

Post by EthandyexFeew »

thanks Bill. Im a transplant from new york, so Im not passionate either way, but its more popular around here to say "Roll Tide".